Boost Fuel Efficiency and Engine Performance with Volvo REMAN Injectors
Hard starts, rough idles, poor acceleration and decreased fuel economy – these are all signs that one or more of your engine’s fuel injectors may be failing. While it can be tempting to only replace the poorly performing unit that strategy may end up costing you more in the long run.
During a typical service application, diesel fuel injectors cycles every other engine revolution, with each injector cycling roughly 650 times per minute – or 40 million cycles per year. Over time, this constant cycling can cause injectors to wear out. And since all six of an engine’s fuel injectors operate at the same rate, when one fails, the other five usually aren’t far behind.
That’s why replacing all six injectors in a single service visit makes the best business sense. This approach allows you to significantly reduce future downtime and lost revenue by eliminating multiple repair events. Plus, you’ll benefit from:
- A more complete combustion, since your injector can now meter the right amount of fuel for every cycle.
- Reduced emissions and noxious smoke.
- Increased fuel economy, which could save you thousands of dollars each year in fuel costs.
- Avoiding additional labor costs associated with replacing injectors one at a time.
INJECTORS ENGINEERED FOR YOUR VOLVO TRUCK
When it’s time to replace one or more injectors, choose those that are specifically engineered for your Volvo D-Series engine: Volvo Reman injectors.
All Volvo Reman injectors are thoroughly cleaned, inspected for wear and measured to original OE specifications. Then, all critical components and high-wear items are replaced with 100 percent new OE parts, including the:
- Nozzle, to maximize engine performance and durability
- Nozzle opening pressure spring, to achieve consistent nozzle opening pressure
- Spill and control valves, to ensure proper fuel delivery and engine performance, for reduced emissions
- O-rings, to prevent external leaks and potential engine damage
Once reassembled, each injector undergoes a rigorous 42-step testing process and multiple performance inspections to guarantee optimum quality, performance and function.
Volvo Reman injectors are available both individually and in six-pack kits and come with a one-year, unlimited-mile warranty. But they’re only available from an authorized Volvo Trucks dealer. Contact your local dealership to place an order, or log on to the SELECT Part Store™ any time day or night to order online. In addition to real-time stock checks and 24/7 online ordering, SELECT members can also enjoy exclusive discounts on fast-moving repair parts, and same-day or next-day delivery. Not a member? Your local dealer can help you enroll today.